The objective of the project is the premier software solution for academic, non-profit, and commercial organizations seeking to establish robust open digital repositories. Its exceptional versatility stems from its free and straightforward installation process, which can be fully customized to align with the unique requirements of any organization.
Weeks to launch MVP
Months of Project delivery time
- Implement measures to eliminate spam and abuse while ensuring seamless user interaction
- Ensure complete data security for users through robust protection measures
- Facilitate efficient content and document management with a versatile input system
- Remove barriers for users in other countries by making DSpace universally accessible
- Challenge in searching research metadata and full texts.
- Maintain optimal bandwidth usage while streaming audio and video content to ensure seamless playback.
- Implemented Google reCAPTCHA to enhance security and prevent spam and abuse
- Secured data with bitstream format on the server and used Klaro to protect user privacy and data in compliance with GDPR regulations
- Created dynamic and reactive forms with specified input fields displayed dynamically from the backend
- Improved accessibility and inclusivity by supporting UTF-8 encoding and localization in 22 languages
- Enhanced user experience with Apache SOLR-based search for metadata and full-text contents
- Optimized bandwidth usage and resolution with adaptive streaming for audio and video content.
- Secure access to institutional data from anywhere
- Improved audio/video streaming quality
- Customizable to meet user needs.
- Captures data in multiple formats, including text, video, audio, and data
- Distributes captured data over the web for wider accessibility
- Enables efficient search and retrieval through indexed content
- Offers long-term preservation of digital work
- Provides a professional repository for managing research materials and publications
- Increases visibility and accessibility of research materials over time.
- Over 3000 organizations using DSpace
- Free & open-source
- 22 language interface options
Tech stacks we used
We used a various top-class technologies and frameworks to develop robust open-source repository software, including:
Automated Test Cases
Klaro Cookies, Apache Tomcat
Have a look at
Our success stories
Over the years, Peerbits have delivered several customized solutions to their clients across the globe. You can get a closer look at few of such success stories here.